Broadcasting myself
Learning about… Well I have to admit I’m a bit ashamed because there is something I really don’t know how to do whereas millions of teenagers do : uploading a video on Youtube. Being myself a regular watcher, I never posted anything on this website because I simply never had to. I actually already am in a video on the web, you can find it here, but I’m not the one who posted it. As Bob asked us to make a video resume and post it, I definitely have to learn how to do it. So let’s go !
Step 1 : going on Youtube.com and trying not to be attracted by all these videos. Not this time, come on.
Step 2 : creating an account.



















Well for the moment nothing differs from what we usually do in any website.
Nice ! my username is not available. They suggest me "MrLaetitiaarnold" - how am supposed to react to that ?
Well it’s really simple, 2 or 3 questions and voila.
Oh actually no. I still have to give them my email address so they can spam me. My mistake.

I activate my account after checking my mails… Great, I’ve just joined the Youtube community !
Step 3 : getting down to business - uploading a video. Well I guess I have to click on this yellow “upload” logo.






I can’t help laughing when I see this : “Important: Do not upload any TV shows, music videos, music concerts, or commercials without permission unless they consist entirely of content you created yourself.” If people did the website would certainly not have so much success.

Since my video resume isn’t finished yet, the only little video I have in my computer is one of my fat lazy cat on her hind legs eating cream I give her. Wow Bob what wouldn’t I do for you ?

So I just look for my video in my files, put a title and some tags. Wow that was SO simple !
Here you go !






Enjoy because this one won’t stay long !
Conclusion : that was sooo easy even more than I had imagined. No wonder why Youtube is such a great success. Too bad the quality isn’t great and the videos can’t be more than 2 GB in size and last more than 10 minutes.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • About me

    Hi !
    I am a CELSA (School of Information and Communication) student and you've just arrived to my new blog.
    Here, I will talk about one of my passions : the mass media of communication.
    Don't hesitate to react to my posts and to give me your opinion.
    Enjoy your visit !

    Laetitia